The competition shall be governed by the ICC Laws of Cricket. Listed below are some supplementary rules which shall also apply:
· Teams are allowed to register a maximum of 17 players, The deadline for submission FINAL Registration List is midnight on January 27, 2020
· Fees will be Six hundred dollars per team ($600.00). Shall be payable BEFORE the start of SPRING competition. Payments can be given to the Treasurer, President, or mailed to: Orlando Softball Cricket League- 10802 Satellite Blvd Orlando FL 32837. Please make checks payable to Orlando Softball Cricket League.
· All Teams WILL BE required to pay all fees in full prior to the start of the competition.
· Each team shall be responsible for paying the umpire(s) fees. Fees shall be $33.00 per team per game in the preliminary rounds, and $66.00 per team per game in playoff games.
· All players of a team must be in team's uniform or ALL white. Any player(s) not adhering to this rule SHALL be prevented to play by the umpire. Please note this is not a Captain’s decision, but an Umpire’s ruling.
· The SPRING competition shall be played as per schedule on OSCL'S website under link, “Schedule".
· Division- A Consists of 3 Teams
· Division-B consists of 4 Teams
· Division -C consists of 9 Teams
· Teams in Division-A & B play each other Twice
· Teams in Division -C play each as scheduled
· Six (6) teams will advance to the Playoffs from Division A & B
· Six (6) teams will advance to the Playoffs from Division C
· DIVISION CHAMPION
· Top seed in your respective divisions will be crown division champion.
THE GAME- (OVERS)
· Games will be 20 overs per side.
· Scheduled time of game will have a 15-minute Grace Period.
· The captain winning the toss MUST IMMEDIATELY inform the umpire of his team's decision.
· The list of both teams must be exchanged by captains and then given to the umpire BEFORE the spinning of the toss in the "middle".
· The spinning of the toss MUST be done at the scheduled time of the game.
· A team not comprising of at least 7 players, named in their list, present at the scheduled time of game forfeits the game.
· A team fielding less than 7 players will be considered INCOMPLETE and cannot participate in a game.
· For a player to be qualified to play in the playoffs, in Division A & B must play in at least 4 games and in Division C 4 games.
· For the purpose of all OSCL'S By-laws, and for qualification purposes, a player is ONLY considered to have played in a game if he has PHYSICALLY PARTICIPATED in the game, OR, in the case of a "walk-over" victory, he was PHYSICALLY PRESENT when the umpire made that decision.
· Umpire(s) SHALL forward name(s) of player(s) who did not physically participate in the game but was/were named in the final eleven.
· In order for a game to be considered a complete game, 10 overs must be completed in the second innings and a bowler shall only bowl a maximum of 4 overs in an inning.
· Measurement of the boundary from the center of the pitch SHALL BE 165 FEET unless otherwise REDUCED by the umpire or OSCL.
· The official umpire shall determine the legality of deliveries as per height and legal bowling action. The "player" doing square-leg duties as umpire only make calls on run-outs or give any information that the official umpire requested via "consultation".
· Team(s) need to inform the EC by Thursday midnight beforehand of any forfeiture of any scheduled game. Failure to comply will result in paying umpire(s) fees in the amount of $66.00 per game in the preliminary round or $132.00 per playoff game.
· Teams will play in 3 divisions, namely, Division A, Division-B and Division-C
· Substitute Player: The substitute player can be ANY member of the team's registration list whose
name was not submitted in the final eleven playing in that game. Only ONE substitute player can be on the "field of play" at a given time. A substitute can be used irrespective of any injury sustained by a player in a game.
PS: A substitute player can ONLY be used to replace a player who has PHYSICALLY PARTICIPATED in the game. A "substitute" is used to "replace" a player. If a player in a team's final eleven did not participate in a game, he CANNOT be substituted.
· NO substitute runner is allowed in a game.
· Restriction of Wicket-keeper: No restriction shall be placed on a wicket-keeper in relation to bowling and/or fielding position(s)
· *Player(s) Qualifications for Aggregate/ Average Incentives: A player shall play a minimum of two-thirds of total games scheduled in the preliminary rounds to qualify for aggregate/ average incentive(s). "Play", is defined as physically playing or named in the final eleven, even in an abandoned game.
· Over-stepping Front Line by a bowler: A "free hit" is given to the team batting following all no-ball. (Law 24.5 ICC). This ICC Law shall govern the free-hit delivery.
· Bowling over the shoulder: The umpire shall call and signal No ball for any delivery which, after bowling, passes over shoulder height of the striker standing upright at the batting crease. This OSCL Law shall govern the free-hit delivery.
· Hosting Team: The hosting team shall prepare wickets, power-play circle, and boundary line.
· Must be submitted by Tuesday midnight, including playoff games.
· Must be submitted prior to any match that is played under protest. If a team did not submit a scoresheet prior to the match under protest, the competition committee will deny the objection request.
BATTING AND BOWLING BONUS POINTS:
· Teams shall be awarded one extra point for submitting scoresheet accurately and on time.
· *Team(s) shall be awarded one extra point when a bowler has 5 or more wickets in a game.
· Team(s) shall be awarded one extra point when a batsman makes 75 or more runs in a game.
· If 2 teams tie with points at the end of the preliminary rounds, the winner shall be determined by the result of their game in the preliminary round in their first head-on clash (each team plays each other twice in the preliminary round). If 3 or more teams tie with points, net run-rate shall decide the playoff seeding at the end of the preliminary.
· The total points of a team are the sum of POINTS AND BONUS POINTS
· The first 5 overs of each inning will be power-play. There will be a 25-yard (75 feet) circle from each end of the pitch. The maximum fieldsmen OUTSIDE the circle shall not exceed three during power-play. After the end of power-play, not more than 5 are allowed OUTSIDE of the circle. If this law is breached, the umpire calls and signals a no-ball.
· If there is a tie, the super (eliminator) over shall determine the winner of the game. ICC rule for the super over shall be applied.
· The competition will be played under a strict CODE OF DISCIPLINE as per OSCL's constitution.
· Schedule is subject to change with time, ground & or umpire.
THIRD UMPIRE (Possible)
· They will be a third umpire in FINALS if possible
. 2019 SPRING, SUMMER & Fall (VENUE TBA)
All Vehicles entering the park will be charged five ($5.00). Walk in per person ($2.00).